WeChat the new messenger app, available on all mobile smart phones, including your computer – has features that outdoes most of the well-known messenger apps across all systems. Have a look as we are comparing it to Whatsapp. It has some quite nifty features.
1. Group Messaging on Whatsapp is restricted to just 30 members per group at a time, while on WeChat however, you have the option of adding up to 40 members per group at a time. Unlike Whatsapp, WeChat supports Video Call function over WiFi or 3G networks. You can now see each other while talking!
Whatsapp only supports video sharing, that allows to only send your already made video as a normal message, but not calling to one another.
2. Say goodbye to the regular hassle of typing and getting words wrong on your phone keypad. Using WeChat, you can just press the “Hold to Talk” button, record your message and it is sent. Don’t confuse it with Voice Search. Your message actually goes as a voice recording and not as text after voice search. As it is called on BBM – Voice Notes that you can send to each other, making the conversation more alive and faster.
Whatsapp also have this handy feature, by quickly sending voice notes to one another.
3. We all love emoticons! They’re the perfect way to express your mood. While Whatsapp Emoticons are much loved, WeChat goes a step further. You can take any image of your choice, convert, save and send it as an emoticon! We think that’s quite nice to do.
4. WeChat, unlike Whatsapp is not just another instant-messaging app. The app supports social network integration and you can link WeChat to your Facebook profiles too.
5. One reason we love Whatsapp is because it allows us to share images and video files so easily! But WeChat takes it 2 steps further. Using their special feature called ‘Moments’ you can share pictures not just with friends, but with anyone world wide – this is pretty much like using the Public feature on your Facebook profile.
6. WeChat is not restricted to your network of friends but also helps you in expansding the network. Using the Look Around feature, you can look at the active WeChat users in a particular area and connect with them. As already grown man, I felt that by making use of this feature feels that I am back on using Mxit connecting with people I don’t know an making me open to strangers seeing my profile.
7. This is one feature we absolutely, simply love! The Drift Bottle features. You can throw bottles into the sea with voice or test message (once the drift bottle feature is activated) and someone from anywhere in the world will pick it! You can pick others bottles too. As this sounds like a nice feature to use, it is nowhere to be found any where on the app
8. Another fun feature is the Shake Feature. Users can just activate the feature and proceed to shake their phone. As they do that, if there’s anyone else anywhere in the world shaking their phones at that instant, their names will pop up on your list. Connect and start chatting.
9. This we think is the coolest feature ever. In office and can’t keep juggling between your PC and your phone? Don’t bother. Get WeChat on your PC. Simply log into the profile through your PC and continue your conversations. While a back-up is the conversation is created on your phone, all records are deleted from your system.
Initially I thought by myself that that’s what is the use of using WeChat, while I already have all the same features on Whatsapp, and all my contacts ready to chat to. It seems that I was under the wrong impression that WeChat isn’t better. It seems that making use of WeChat, messages is also going through way faster than your normal Whatsapp app can handle, because of the load Whatsapp never thought of.
Try it out for yourself, and make your own decision – we give the facts and you desicde.